• To provide and manage resilient, secure and efficient IT infrastructure for Production and Staging platforms as per defined standards and compliance.
• To administer production computer systems under the direction of the IT Infrastructure Team Lead.
• To deliver new IT project tasks as part of the IT project team in defined time.
• Ensuring platform uptime and response times within proposed SLAs
• Carrying out routine systems administration for Windows and Linux Server (physical and virtual) with focus on uptime and compliance.
• Carrying out routine network administration for the production network consisting of firewall, routers, switches, load balancers.
• Monitor the production systems to ensure uptime with/without NMS
• Take part as required in out of hours cover to support the production systems, therefore shift work.
• Implementing processes, disciplines and controls for use by the operations team
• Helping in developing and reporting on operations team KPIs and identifying and delivering action plans to address any issues.
• Carrying out requested changes and deployments in the staging and production as per set guidelines and procedures
• Providing 2nd and 3rd line support services to existing clients
• Adhering to ISMS 27001 policy & procedures. Developing S.O.P.s and guidelines in accordance with set standards and compliance.
• Experience in building Windows and Linux servers with high standard of security and reliability including web servers, DNS and Active Directory, Database,
• Experienced working on AWS (EC2/EBS/S3/IAM/Route53)
• Web server administration – Apache / IIS including load balancer implementation and management
• Preferred : Experience with as many of the following technologies as possible:
o Configuration and administration of Cisco, SSL, Squid, snmp, Nagios, firewall, load balancer,
o Administration of Windows 2008 and above, Linux – CentOS/Ubuntu/AMI Linux
o Administration of Oracle/MS SQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS preferable
o Backup technologies: snapshot, replication, volume backup and routine data protection methodologies
o Ability to write shell scripts/cron jobs for performing import/export/scheduled tasks
• Experience with/implementing new infrastructures and maintaining existing ones on 24X7 basis
• Ability to work with procedures in a disciplined environment.
• Excellent Problem solving skills
• Customer service/quality ethos
• Attention to detail
• Ability to think laterally
• Calm under pressure
• Industry/vendor certification preferred
• Networking knowledge
• Good communication skills
• Unix knowledge will be considered as advantage