Investis is an international digital corporate communications and investor relations company, which works with approximately 2,000 clients from offices in five countries. The companies it serves include more than 70% of the constituents of the FTSE 100 and more than 150 US clients.
Founded in 2000, Investis helps clients manage their corporate communications and investor relations through corporate websites, IR webhosting, social media, apps & mobile, video and webcasting, website tools and online reporting.
To complete the technical build and maintenance work for client applications/tools to meet client requirements within agreed timescales.
- Design and develop web applications using Drupal
- Configure, customize, and integrate open source software (OSS) for clients
- Translate specifications from analysts and graphic designers into working applications
- Develop and maintain code to a high standard within IT development and maintenance projects.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve support issues as they arise.
- Participate in project planning/estimation with project manager and team leads
- Perform unit testing of work.
- Write documentation and comment code as required.
- Ensure code is properly version-controlled and meet standard practice
- Be on call for support requests as required by the 24 x 7 cover rota.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Skills and Qualifications
- Should have strong, demonstrable expertise in PHP application development using Drupal Framework.
- Configure Drupal and create custom modules to meet requirements
- Have a working knowledge of common PHP frameworks like CakePHP and Zend
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and oral.
- Be familiar with Agile Development practices
- Be organised and resourceful
- Be a confident, proactive self-starter
- Be able to work independently and within a team
- Have a good understanding of complex Web technology and environments
- Be able to plan and estimate for build and support tasks
- Show a good attention to detail
- Have good problem solving abilities, think laterally, be calm under pressure and have attention to detail
- Have a strong customer service/quality focus
- Ability to think laterally solve problems