As a senior editorial content strategist, you will have a passion for creating and executing long-term content-led campaigns and strategies for clients, coordinating written, visual, social and interactive content. We are looking for someone who is excited by the ‘art of the possible’ and motivated by the thought of making a real difference to how a client communicates and by bringing brands to life via content. You will:
- Lead the editorial direction and creation of new content including creating content plans focussed on new ideas with a focus on adding long-term value and bringing brands to life.
- Be responsible for managing the editorial process with key clients including driving clients’ internal editorial processes and schedules.
- Be comfortable defining and driving clients’ messaging, tone of voice and editorial direction.
- Contribute inspiring and exciting content ideas that go beyond the realm of copy.
- Take a content lead in pitches and support the sales teams in seeking out and developing new opportunities when required to do so (this will include support with writing proposals).
- Manage and mentor direct and dotted line reports who will work alongside you on a day-to-day basis. This is not a role for a standalone consultant.
- Provide senior expertise to our clients, including content strategy, messaging and tone of voice best practice. Clients will look to you for leadership and advice and you can expect a particular focus on managing and executing editorial work to schedules and calendars.
- Ensure delivery of content projects including delivering work personally: this will include everything from content strategy to copy writing. This is not a role for someone who does not want to be involved in direct delivery. You will be passionate about delivering above and beyond expectations, and about motivating others to do the same.
- This role is ideal for someone looking to move into their first line management role and to develop the delivery process of content-led campaign / editorial projects across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Prominent role in engaging with clients and partners
- Build and strengthen client relationships including attending client meetings and owning editorial relationships
- Offer expert insight and understanding of our content offering, and overtime, of the entire Investis offering
- Be an advocate for all things content across the business including building relationships across all teams
- Support department head as required to help shape our content offering
- Build relationships with sales and help to grow the content pipeline
- Work with and support all department involved in projects and be instrumental to leading the direction within project teams
- Be able to own and deliver all elements of content projects for B2B and corporate clients to a brief and to deadlines for all channels
- Take and develop client briefs
- Instil confidence in clients and gain their buy-in: this includes the need to have conversations around budget / justifying time required etc.
- Lead presentations both internally and externally including being able to present and justify your work to clients
- Play a lead role in pitching as required
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Book and manage freelance support as required
- Plan project delivery including resourcing and scheduling of yourself and junior team members
- Provide project timing estimates, budgets and content deliverables as required
- Content strategy (including tone of voice, narrative structure and messaging development)
- Editorial strategy and planning
- Audience / persona development
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Understanding of UX and design concepts
- Strong interest in the digital space, new developments and best practice
- Editing and proofing
- Social media strategy & copywriting
- Run workshops / engagement sessions
- 3-5 years’ experience including demonstrable experience in editorial strategy / campaign creation / brand work
We're a welcoming bunch where ideas are valued. Everyone is actively encouraged to develop their careers. We are committed to helping you grow, professionally and personally.
Our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday a year, with ability to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday each year
- Childcare vouchers
- Private health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Regular social activities and contributions to cultural and sporting events
Please apply online including a covering letter and salary expectations. And feel free to follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.