You’ll have previous agency experience. We’re a fast paced agency and you'll need to understand how to tailor your design solutions and ideas to different client needs as well as be able to pitch these to clients.
If you’d like the opportunity to develop your career working with passionate, talented people on award-winning digital communications engagements, please read on…
What you'll be doing
Your portfolio will contain responsive designs as well as apps and will be centred around principles of UX and aesthetics which you are able to fully articulate in front of colleagues and clients. If you're on top of the latest technology trends and always seeking to apply these to your work and reflect an impeccable eye for everything from typography to colour you could be the designer we’re looking for.
- Lead the development and execution of creative concepts and style guides that adhere to client brand standards, ensuring the usability, consistency, relevance, and functionality of the finished product
- Present layouts to clients for pitches and the ongoing milestones of project delivery
- Actively engage with clients through meetings and calls to help build relationships. Providing advice and guidance on all technical visual related issues
- Inspire and motivate clients to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive visual work
- Ensure delivery of all projects to time
- Take a leading role in the digital design team, mentoring junior members in the team and liaising with other departments to take briefs
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, work well as part of a team, with a range of people
- Provide detailed direction to more junior designers and freelancers.
What you'll need
- Proven experience in a digital creative role as a senior member of the team
- A sound understanding of user journeys, user experience (UX) and user-centred design principles (UCD)
- Problem solver and able to evaluate a creative brief and develop original and innovative ideas
- Excellent communication/presentation ability
- Understanding of creative processes with a strong awareness for the importance of brand and identity within an organisation
- Excellent communication skills, and confident taking briefs, managing expectations and liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of designing content-heavy websites
- Highly proficient in the Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation and understanding of illustration techniques
- Passion and attention to detail
- Strong conceptual and organizational skills
- Good understanding of the latest web trends and build techniques in particular Responsive Design (with examples)
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients
We're a welcoming bunch where ideas are valued. Everyone is actively encouraged to develop their careers. We are committed to helping you grow, professionally and personally.
Our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday a year, with ability to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday each year
- Childcare vouchers
- Health Cash Plan
- Life insurance 3 x salary
- Private Health insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Weekly fruit to munch on, free tea and coffee
- Company-wide breakfast once a month
- Regular social and wellbeing activities and contributions to cultural and sporting events
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position and you can offer what we are looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply online including a covering letter and salary expectations.
And feel free to follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Please note: we don’t look at CVs from agencies.